CHERRY HILL, NJ, March 8, 2022 – TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, today awarded a total of $5.8 million through the 16th annual Housing for Everyone grant program. The TD Charitable Foundation selected 33 non-profit organizations across TD Bank's footprint to receive Housing for Everyone grants ranging from $150,000 to $250,000.
As individuals and families across the country faced increased hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic, demand quickly grew for the critical resources and wraparound services housing organizations provide such as eviction prevention, workforce development, housing and financial counseling, childcare and housing search assistance.
"Housing organizations have been on the front lines of both the affordability crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic. They have been called upon time and time again over the past few years to do everything from helping people find affordable homes to serving as vaccine clinics. Each time, they've stepped up and expanded their mandates to meet the needs of some of the most vulnerable members of our communities and work towards an equitable COVID-19 recovery," said Paige Carlson-Heim, Director of the TD Charitable Foundation.
Due to this increased demand on housing organizations, the TD Charitable Foundation focused the 16th annual Housing for Everyone grant program on supporting these organizations deliver the resources and wraparound services individuals and families need to access a safe, affordable place to call home.
“The TD Charitable Foundation is proud to support this year’s Housing for Everyone grant recipients who worked tirelessly so people could find or remain in safe, affordable homes during these tumultuous times. Without the help of these organizations, and countless others, navigating these difficult times would have been unimaginable for many. Our support will help ensure that affordable housing providers have the capabilities and assistance required to deliver these services for the long-term,” added Carlson-Heim.
The 2021 Housing for Everyone grant recipients include:
- Connecticut – Grants Totaling $150,000
- Columbus House, Inc., Pathway to a Healthy Financial Future – Awarded $150,000
- Florida – Grants Totaling $1,025,000
- Ability Housing, Inc., The Northeast Villages Project – Awarded $150,000
- Camillus House, Inc., Workforce Development Initiative - Awarded $150,000
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida, Inc., Heading Home: Help for Leaving Homelessness – Awarded $175,000
- Family Promise of Brevard, The Firehouse Project, Expanding Economic and Housing Stability for LMI Families Residing in 32922 - Awarded $150,000
- Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County, Capacity Building to Help Families Achieve Affordable Homeownership – Awarded $250,000
- Tampa Bay Neighborhood Housing Services, Capacity Building for Housing Programs - Awarded $150,000
- Maine – Grants Totaling $250,000
- Avesta Housing Development Corporation, Capacity Management and Cultural Navigator – Awarded $250,000
- Maryland – Grants Totaling $150,000
- Montgomery Housing Partnership, Inc., MHP Workforce Development Initiative – Awarded $150,000
- Massachusetts – Grants Totaling $400,000
- Michigan – Grants Totaling $250,000
- Ruth Ellis Center, Financial Security Programming – Awarded $250,000
- New Hampshire – Grants Totaling $150,000
- Cross Roads House, Inc., Building Bridges to Permanent Housing – Awarded $150,000
- New Jersey – Grants Totaling $875,000
- Affordable Housing Alliance, Residential Service Coordination Program – Awarded $150,000
- HomeFront, Housing Stability For Everyone – Awarded $150,000
- Jewish Family Service of Atlantic County, Investing in a Full Continuum of Resident Services to Create Pathways Out of Homelessness – Awarded $150,000
- New Jersey Community Development Corporation, The Neighborhood Help Center: A Helping Hand in Paterson, NJ – Awarded $175,000
- Norwescap, Navigating Home – Awarded $250,000
- New York – Grants Totaling $850,000
- Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Helping Individuals and Families: Providing Affordable Housing and Wraparound Services – Awarded $250,000
- Lifting Up Westchester, Inc., Restoring Independence Program to Help Homeless Individuals Strengthen Self-Sufficiency – Awarded $150,000
- RUPCO, Inc., Housing Matters More Than Ever Program – Awarded $150,000
- Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Youth Strong: Supporting Homeless Youth in NYC To Improve Their Economic Security and Attain Permanent Housing – Awarded $150,000
- Westhab, Inc., Dayspring Back to Work Program – Awarded $150,000
- Pennsylvania – Grants Totaling $325,000
- Jewish Family and Children's Service of Greater Philadelphia, Community Support Collaborative – Awarded $175,000
- Valley Youth House Committee, Investment in Housing for Young Philadelphians – Awarded $150,000
- Rhode Island – Grants Totaling $325,000
- South Carolina – Grants Totaling $325,000
- Vermont – Grants Totaling $325,000
- Virginia – Grants Totaling $400,000
- Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS), Expanding Resident Services to Increase Housing and Family Stability During COVID – Awarded $150,000
- Wesley Housing Development Corporation of Northern Virginia, The Housing Stability Initiative: Rapid Expansion – Awarded $250,000
Since its inception in 2005, the Housing for Everyone grant program has awarded more than $42 million to non-profit organizations and helped support over 500 affordable housing initiatives in the communities TD serves.
The Housing for Everyone grant program supports TD’s longstanding commitment to community enrichment, as well as the Bank’s efforts to help people live with greater financial confidence through the TD Ready Commitment, TD's corporate citizenship platform. Through the TD Ready Commitment, TD is targeting $775 million towards community giving by 2030 across four drivers of change – Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities and Better Health – to open the doors to a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow.
About Housing for Everyone
Since inception in 2005, the TD Charitable Foundation's annual Housing for Everyone grant competition has awarded more than $42 million to over 500 affordable housing initiatives. The Housing for Everyone grant competition supports TD's longstanding commitment to community enrichment through TD's corporate citizenship platform, The Ready Commitment, which actively promotes inclusivity, economic vitality and environmental wellbeing, enabling people of all backgrounds to succeed in a rapidly changing world. As part of The Ready Commitment, TD targets $775 million in total contributions toward community giving by 2030 in four critical areas: Financial Security, a more Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities and Better Health.
Through this platform, TD aspires to create a more inclusive tomorrow — helping people of all backgrounds feel more confident, not just about their finances, but about their ability to achieve their goals. Visit: https://www.tdbank.com/corporate-responsibility/the-ready-commitment/
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. Since its inception in 2002, the Foundation has distributed over $282 million through donations to local nonprofits from Maine to Florida. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation is available at https://www.tdbank.com/corporate-responsibility/the-ready-commitment/funding-opportunities/.