CHERRY HILL, N.J. – July 11, 2023 – TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, has been recognized with the top score of 100 percent in the 2023 Disability Equality Index (DEI) for the ninth consecutive year. Disability inclusion is embedded in TD's culture and this recognition reflects the bank's progress to break down the barriers to inclusion.
"Earning the top score on the 2023 Disability Equality Index (DEI) reflects our commitment to building a more inclusive tomorrow for everyone," said Chris Giamo, EVP, TD Bank Group, Head of Commercial Banking and Executive Sponsor, Individuals with Diverse Abilities. "At TD, diversity and inclusion leads to meaningful change and fosters a community where our colleagues and customers feel empowered to share their stories and embrace their most authentic selves."
The DEI is a nationally recognized benchmarking tool that evaluates corporate policies and practices focused to disability inclusion and workplace equality. It was first launched in 2015 by Disability:IN and The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD). Today, the DEI is nationally recognized as one of the most robust disability inclusion assessment tools in the marketplace. Businesses must score 80% or higher to be recognized as a "Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion." The 2023 DEI measured: Culture & Leadership; Enterprise-Wide Access; Employment Practices (Benefits, Recruitment, Employment, Education, Retention & Advancement, Accommodations); Community Engagement; Supplier Diversity; Non-U.S. Operations (Non- Weighted).
“Businesses have the power to drive the global advancement of disability inclusion, and we’re thrilled to see more companies than ever leverage the Disability Equality Index to measure their progress. We recognize these top-scoring companies as a ‘Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion’ for their passion and efforts to lead the way in creating greater equity for people with disabilities in the workplace, marketplace, and supply chain,” said Jill Houghton, President and CEO of Disability:IN.
TD Bank's Commitment to Disability Inclusion:
- TD was ranked No. 2 on Forbes' 2023 list of America's Best Employers for Diversity (rising from No. 9 in 2022 and No. 188 in 2021). This is the fifth consecutive year TD Bank has received this prestigious recognition.
- TD was also recognized by DiversityInc. as a Top Company for Diversity in 2023, ranking No. 20. This is the 11th consecutive year TD Bank has been recognized as one of the nation's top companies for diversity inclusion. DiversityInc. also ranked TD Bank No.3 on its specialty list for Top Companies for People with Disabilities (PwD) in 2023.
- TD Bank is a proud host employer for Project SEARCH and, earlier this year, the bank celebrated the achievements of its sixth graduating class. Project SEARCH is a national program that helps adult students with intellectual and developmental disabilities transition into the workplace. The one-year program provides classroom instruction, career exploration and job skills training through three 10-week internship rotations.
- TD also works with Specialisterne, a hiring program designed to increase representation of individuals on the spectrum. Specialisterne harnesses the unique talents of people with autism and use them as a competitive advantage, and as a means to help people with autism secure meaningful employment.
- In 2023, TD launched the fourth Enabling Leaders cohort, created for colleagues who identify as having a disability. This comprehensive leadership communications program empowers participants to hone leadership capability to achieve their full potential.
- TD also continued to amplify the voices and lived experiences of people with disabilities by sharing the stories of TD colleagues who bring their unique talents and whole selves to work each day to further bolster disability inclusion.
- TD Bank signed the Joint Investor Statement on Corporate Disability Inclusion urging all businesses to become more inclusive workplaces by hiring and supporting people with disabilities.
About the Disability Equality Index®
The Disability Equality Index (DEI) is a comprehensive benchmarking tool that helps companies build a roadmap of measurable, tangible actions that they can take to achieve disability inclusion and equality. Each company receives a score, on a scale of zero (0) to 100, with those earning 80 and above recognized as a “Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion”.
The DEI is a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), the nation’s largest disability rights organization, and Disability:IN, the global business disability inclusion network, to collectively advance the inclusion of people with disabilities. The organizations are complementary and bring unique strengths that make the project relevant and credible to corporations and the disability community. The tool was developed by the DEI Advisory Committee, a diverse group of business leaders, policy experts, and disability advocates. Learn more at: www.DisabilityEqualityIndex.org.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing over 9.9 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,100 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Auto Finance, a division of TD Bank, N.A., offers vehicle financing and dealer commercial services. TD Bank and its subsidiaries also offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.td.com/us. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US and www.twitter.com/TDNews_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com/us.
© 2023, TD Bank, N.A. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. The TD logo and other trademarks are owned by The Toronto-Dominion Bank and used under license.
Member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
TD Media Contact
Corporate Communications Manager
Senior Corporate Communications Manager